If you are like me, ready to learn UiPath as a beginner you are in the right place. I will do my best by showing you where to go, what to learn and what to practice – which I think is the most important thing because if you don’t practice, you’ll forget it.
Register on UiPath Academy
The first thing you have to do is to create an account with the UiPath Academy.
Click on the following button. It will take you to the official website of the academy. Then in the top right corner, you have the option to Login/Sign-up. Select the option. A new page will open. Look for the Sign-up button again. It’s located at the bottom of the available login options, next to the ‘Don’t have a UiPath account?’ text.
Choose the right Learning Plan
UiPath offers two types of certifications. The first one is suitable for any RPA role, including Junior RPA Developers, RPA Architects, Solution Architects, Business Analysts, college graduates, and others. Also, known as UIRPA.
The second one is more for technical RPA roles such as advanced RPA Developers, Solution Architects, RPA Architects, and others.
I recommend learning them in the same order. First, go through the UIRPA courses, and take the exam, followed by UIARD.
Each exam has its own Learning Plan. What you have to do is to click on the following link and Enroll. I will do my best to help you understand each lesson. Let the journey begin.
Exam topics for UIRPA
Tasks performed by the Minimally Qualified Candidate:
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Fundamentals
- Describe the processes suitable for automation and the processes executed with the
different robot types; for example, attended versus unattended
- Explain the functionality and interactions of UiPath products; Studio, Orchestrator, and
UiPath Studio Overview
- Explain the debug functions and how they are used; for example, using Breakpoints
- Identify how to manage dependencies
- Understand the significance of connecting an automation project to a version control solution
UiPath Studio – Variables and Arguments
- Describe the different variables’ types, how they are used, managed, and the best practice for using the variable scope
- Describe the functions and differences between variables and arguments; including how arguments are used, managed, and best practices
UiPath Studio – Classic Selectors
- Identify and describe how dynamic versus static selectors are used
- Identify and describe how partial versus full selectors are used
- Identify and describe how and when to use the Anchor Base activity
- Demonstrate and describe the use of a reliable selector and how to use UI Explorer to modify selectors
UiPath Studio – Control Flow
- Describe the functionality of the Control Flow activities (for example: If, Switch, While, Do While, For Each, etc.) and workflow types
- Explain how to use Control Flow activities and workflow types (sequences and flowcharts)
- Explain the importance of error handling and how it can be implemented
UiPath Studio – Data Manipulation
- Describe the importance and reasons why data manipulation is used; for example, conversion from one data type to another data type
- Explain how strings can be manipulated; for example, by using VB string methods and RegEx Builder
- Explain how to iterate and manipulate data on various collections; for example, lists, datatables, dictionaries
UiPath Automation Concepts and Techniques
- Identify and explain how e-mail automation is used
- Identify and describe Microsoft Excel functions and how Excel activities are used for spreadsheet manipulation
- Describe the functions used to extract data from a .pdf file; for example, reading native text or using OCR
UiPath Orchestrator Overview
- Identify and describe how UiPath Orchestrator queues and assets are used
- Identify and explain how to publish projects to UiPath Orchestrator
UIPRA Exam Details
|Certification Tracks||UiPath Certified Professional: |
|Speciality||Robotic Process Automation Developer|
|Credential||UiPath Certified RPA Associate v1.0 (UiRPA)|
|Exam Number and Exam Title||UiPath-RPAv1 – UiPath RPA Associate v1.0 Exam|
|Pre-requisite Exam(s) and/or Certification(s)||Though not a pre-requisite, UiRPA is strongly recommended for those interested in achieving UiPath Certified Advanced RPA Developer (UiARD) Certification.|
|Exam Duration||90 minutes|